WE SERVE PROVIDERS OF LEARNINGMany types of knowledge are necessary for effective practice, ranging from highly specific contextual factors; to institutional, local, state, national and international policy; codified technical knowledge; program design; and political savvy to name a few. Successfully connecting knowledge to action, and assuring that action has the desired outcomes requires a reliable learning framework; standards; and assessments. These must occur in the context of one's practice.
OUR VISIONEvery organization and every individual who works for global good will have access to high-value,high-impact, effective professional learning and knowledge networks.
To improve professional learning and knowledge sharing in and across civil society organizations through programming, research, and services, particularly in the education sector.
- To be a leader in the design of professional learning practice and policy, that measurably improves performance, outcomes, and impact
- To establish a system of programming and certification for individual and organizational Sustainable Learning -knowledge, skills, and application
- To facilitate productive relationships between practice and policy actors that result in sustainable environments for learning and knowledge sharing
- We will support professional learning and knowledge exchange design, implementation, and assessment that improves performance, outcomes, and impact
- We will share and generate evidence-based knowledge about effective sustainable learning practice and policy
- We will build productive relationships between practice and policy actors that result in sustainable environments for learning and knowledge sharing
OUR STRATEGY: SUSTAINABLE LEARNING DESIGN
Sustainable learning enables practitioners to develop effective practices through collaborartive reflection on experience and to personalize knowledge to meet immediate objectives that have long-term impact on organization effectiveness.
The Pillars of Sustainable Learning
- Communities that produce value
- Reflection that is embedded in work
- Analytics that produce data for action, innovation, and improvement
- Knowledge Exchange that facilitates the adaptation of "what works"
- Content that is contextualized, open, and applied
OUR APPROACHThrough face-to face and online convenings, research, and consultation we help organizations and practitioners to:
- Capture individual experience-based reflection on practice
- Create knowledge and develop solutions through collaborative inquiry
- Cultivate information and knowledge to assure critical insights are shared, organized, and accessible
- Assess practice using evidence-based proof of progress and impact
In this community, we recognize an obligation to each other, our larger learning ecosystems, and to tomorrow’s practitioners to deepen our understanding of sustainable learning and to capture and share whatever we can, because we cannot anticipate the value someone else will find in our knowledge.