Brief on Action for Teachers of Refugees: Forthcoming
- Key practical elements that were identified as necessary for effective sustainable elements for teachers of teachers of refugees
- Themes that emerged that relate to effective sustainable pedagogy
- All of the resources that were shared
- Sustainable Learning 1.2
Preparing and Supporting Teachers of Refugees
MAY 30 - JUNE 1, 2017
We will customize a prototype platform and outline methods. Our job is to design something that can be used across contexts and provides:
- Immediate provision of a mobile tool and method for teachers to exchange and share activities and resources and connect with each other.
- Enables the delivery of micro courses, content, and credentialing.
- Connects teachers of teachers of refugees to each other and to context and expertise.
By the end of our time together each workgroup will have: identified launch content, their target “user” and partners (other providers in the same learning space who can be invited in); a roll-out plan; benchmarks for success. We will have agreed on the general content and structure of the prototype site and assure that it:
- addresses real and contextual needs of teachers
- enables real-time mentoring
- provides on-demand learning
- connects teachers to each other, content and expertise across silos, organizations, countries, and disciplines
- individuals can easily curate, capture, and share content as they want
- generates data we can use for reflection and action